iBooks: Syncing iTunes Digital Booklets to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
With iBooks 1.1 and iTunes 9.2 or later, you can now sync your iTunes Digital Booklets to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To sync your iTunes Digital Booklets to iBooks, you will need to change the media kind of your booklet. Follow the steps below to change your booklet's media kind.
- iTunes LP and iTunes Extras are not compatible with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Syncing iTunes Digital Booklets requires an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or later. iBooks is not compatible with original iPhone or iPod touch (1st generation).
iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation)
Changing the media kind of your iTunes Digital Booklet
- Select the desired iTunes Digital Booklet from your Music library, and Get Info (from the File menu, choose Get Info).
- Click the Options tab.
- From the Media Kind drop-down menu, choose Book.
- Click OK.
Note: Once you change the media kind, your Digital Booklet(s) will no longer be visible in your Music library, but instead will be moved to your Books library, located on the left side of the iTunes window..
Syncing an iTunes Digital Booklet to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Once you've changed the media kind you can sync your iTunes Digital Booklet just like any other book.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the Devices list on the left in iTunes 9.2 or later.
- Click the Books tab in the resulting window.
- Ensure that the Sync Books checkbox is enabled.
- If iTunes is set to only sync selected books, be sure to enable the checkbox next to the iTunes Digital Booklet you want to sync.
- Click Sync.
Note: Your iTunes Digital Booklet will be displayed on the PDF shelf in iBooks.