About Boot Camp Update for 2010 13-inch MacBook Pro
Learn about the Boot Camp Update for 2010 13-inch MacBook Pro .
This update is for MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) computers running a Microsoft Windows operating system.
This update addresses an issue that may cause the Boot Camp Control Panel applet to display a warning message when you select the brightness tab, and an issue that may result in no headphone sound.
- Double-click BootCampUpdate32 for 32-bit versions of Windows or BootCampUpdate64 for 64-bit versions of Windows.
- A "Repair or remove Boot Camp services" window appears. Click Repair/Update.
- A license agreement window appears. If you agree to the terms, click "I accept" to accept the license.
- Click Install.
- Windows Vista and 7 will display a permissions dialog. Click Yes.
- A progress bar appears while the files install.
- Click Finish.
- You must restart your computer to complete the installation process. Click Yes to restart.
You can use these steps to verify that the update was successfully installed:
- Using the Boot Camp task bar tool, click the Boot Camp icon. (You may need to click the up-arrow icon in the task bar to see hidden icons).
- Select About Boot Camp.
- Click Version 3.1.
- A build number should appear. If the software is successfully installed, the build number will be 2354.
Note: You can also use the Device Manager to determine if the update has successfully installed:
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound, then click Device Manager.
- Locate "Sound, video and game controllers" and click the disclosure triangle.
- Locate Cirrus Logic and right-click it.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- If the update has been successfully applied, the Driver version will be 6 6001 1.25 in Windows Vista and Windows 7, or 126.96.36.199 in Windows XP.