iPhoto: About the iPhoto 8.1.2 Update
This update addresses minor issues with import and syncing to iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV. The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '09.
Automatic Software Update:
- Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to automatically check for the latest Apple software.
- Apple Downloads offers a standalone installer that you can use instead, if you wish.
What's new in this update?
- Resolves an issue that could sometimes cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly when connecting an iPhone 3GS.
- Resolves an issue that prevented an Event thumbnail from being created when an import included only video clips.
iPod nano Support
- Displays the iPod icon for iPod Nano (5th Generation) correctly in the Source list.
- Resolves an issue that prevented syncing photos to iPhone, iPod, or AppleTV if a slideshow in the library used a song containing an ampersand (&) in the filename.
- Enables support for importing photos from iPad to your iPhoto library, as well as syncing photos to iPad.