Mac Pro: About Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0
Learn about the Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0.
The Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0 is for Mac Pro (Early 2009) computers running Mac OS X v10.6.2. This update reduces processor utilization during audio activities such as playing or recording music.
Quit all open applications, then download the update.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If you downloaded the disk image via Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
Install the update.
Note: you will need the administrator password for the installation.
- Save all open documents and quit all other applications.
- Double-click the MacProAudioUpdate.pkg.
- Read and follow the onscreen instructions that appear.
Important: Do not power off or otherwise interrupt your computer while the update is taking place. A progress bar will indicate the status of the update.
- If a "Your computer does not need this update" message appears, your computer does not require the update.
- An "Installation was successful" screen appears. Click Restart.
Follow these steps to determine if the update has already been applied:
- Choose About this Mac from the Apple () menu.
- Click More Info... This will open System Profiler.
- In the Software section of System Profiler, select Extensions.
- If the update has been successfully installed, AudioAUUC version 1.0 should be listed as an extension.