Archived - About Wireless Keyboard Update 2.0
Install this software to use the function key one-touch controls (brightness and volume controls, for example) with your aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard. You will need Mac OS X v10.5.8 before you install this update.
- Turn on and pair your keyboard with your computer.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then Bluetooth from the View menu to open the Bluetooth System Preferences pane.
- Click Add (+) in the Bluetooth System Preferences pane.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Quit all open applications, then download the update.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If you downloaded the disk image via Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
- Disconnect non-essential devices and use only an Apple keyboard and mouse to install the update.
- In the mounted disk image, double-click the AlKybdSoftwareUpdate.pkg file to start the firmware update process.
- A welcome screen appears. Click Continue. If you receive the message "This computer does not need this update," your computer is not eligible for this update.
- An Important Information screen appears, which contains instructions about installing the update and pairing your wireless keyboard to your computer. You can Print or Save the text contained in the window, or click Continue to proceed with the update.
- A Software License Agreement window appears. Click Continue. To agree to the terms, click Agree.
- A standard install window appears. Click Install to install the Aluminum Keyboard Software Update.
- Enter the administrative password for your computer at the prompt. Click OK.
- A dialog appears informing you that you will need to restart your computer after the installer finishes. Click Continue Installation.
- An "Installation completed successfully" window appears. Click Restart.
- Your computer should restart. If your computer does not restart, contact AppleCare for more information.
Mac OS X v10.6.3 and later includes this software update. If you are running a version of Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard earlier than v10.6.3, apply the Mac OS X v10.6.3 update to enable these keyboard functions.