Archived - About Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard
Install this software to take advantage of the Multi-Touch features of your Magic Mouse. Mac OS X v10.5.8 is required before installing this update. Note: Momentum scrolling will work only with Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- Turn on and pair your Magic Mouse with your computer.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Bluetooth from the View menu to open Bluetooth System Preferences.
- Click Add (+) in the Bluetooth System Preferences pane.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Quit all open applications and download the update.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If you downloaded the disk image using Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
- Install the update.
- In the mounted disk image, double-click the WirelessMouseSoftware.pkg file to start the update process.
- A welcome screen appears. Click Continue. If you receive the message "This computer does not need this update," your computer is not eligible for this update.
- An Important Information screen appears, which contains instructions about installing the update and pairing your Magic Mouse to your computer. You can Print or Save the text contained in the window, or click Continue to proceed with the update.
- A Software License Agreement window appears. Click Continue. To agree to the terms, click Agree.
- A standard install window appears. Click Install to install the Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0.
- Enter the administrative password for your computer at the prompt. Click OK.
- A dialog appears informing you that you will need to restart your computer after the installer finishes. Click Continue Installation.
- An "Installation completed successfully" window appears. Click Restart.
- Your computer should restart. If your computer does not restart, contact AppleCare for more information.
Last Modified: Mar 14, 2014