Archived - About Performance Update 1.0
This update addresses intermittent hard drive related pauses reported by a small number of customers.
Learn how to apply the Performance Update 1.0 to an Intel-based Macintosh computer.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- Quit all open applications, then download and install the update for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard or Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the download location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If you downloaded the disk image via Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
- In the mounted disk image, double-click the PerformanceUpdate.pkg file to start the firmware update process.
- A welcome screen appears. Click Continue.
- If you receive the message "This computer does not need this update," your computer is not eligible for this update.
- A Software License Agreement window appears. Click Continue.
- To agree to the terms, click Agree.
- A standard install window appears. Click Install to install the performance update.
- Enter the administrative password for your computer at the prompt. Click OK.
- A dialog appears informing you that you will need to restart your computer after the installer finishes. Click Continue Installation.
- An "Installation completed successfully" window appears. Click Restart.
- Your computer should restart. If your computer does not restart, contact AppleCare for more information.
Last Modified: Jul 22, 2013