About Apple Remote Desktop 3.3.2
Learn about Apple Remote Desktop version 3.3.2.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.X
This article describes Apple Remote Desktop version 3.3.2, which includes two update packages:
- Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.3.2 updates the software that facilitates Remote Management (enabled in Sharing preferences, in System Preferences).
- Apple Remote Desktop Admin 3.3.2 updates the Remote Desktop application, which can be used to remotely administer Apple Remote Desktop clients.
Apple Remote Desktop version 3.3.2 requires one of the following system software versions:
- Mac OS X v10.4.11
- Mac OS X Server v10.4.11
- Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
- Mac OS X Server v10.5.7 or later
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Mac OS X Server v10.6 or later
Additionally, this update requires:
- Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) version 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.3, or 3.3.1
- An Ethernet (recommended), AirPort, or IP over FireWire network connection
Compatibility with previous versions of Apple Remote Desktop
Apple Remote Desktop 3.3.2 allows you to add Apple Remote Desktop version 2.x and 3.x clients to your computer lists, and will automatically assist you in upgrading them to the current version of the client software.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.3.2 supports computers running versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.3, and 3.3.1 of the client software. However, if you choose to not upgrade your computers running version 2.x of the client software, you will only be able to control/observe them.
This update improves the overall stability and performance of Apple Remote Desktop in addition to delivering the specific improvements listed below.
- Improved handling of IP address and port changes for clients accessed behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) system
- Upgrading to Apple Remote Desktop 3.3 will no longer reset non-administrator access privileges
- Improved reliability when authenticating new client computers
- Improved reporting of results of failed package installations
- MacBook Air MAC address is now correctly reported
- Improved reliability of reporting systems configured with AirPort
- Correctly reports system version for systems that have been promoted from Mac OS X to Mac OS X Server
- Improved mouse cursor tracking when controlling remote systems
- Improved reliability when controlling remote clients that have a 1366-by-768 resolution
- Improved performance when clients are being controlled by RealVNC viewers
- Improved reliability when controlling systems that have dual graphics processors
- Improved support when controlling systems running third-party VNC servers
- Improved reliability for drag-and-drop file copy
- Improved reliability when controlling client computers that have two displays
- Improved reliability when controlling remote systems in scale mode with certain resolutions
- Menu Extra now correctly shows status when being observed by a VNC viewer