About iTunes LP and iTunes Extras
iTunes LP and iTunes Extras offer a unique and interactive experience with iTunes; both are available for select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
- Albums and movies offered on iTunes with iTunes LP or iTunes Extras have one of the above badges in the upper-right corner of the item's product page.
- When you purchase an album with iTunes LP from the iTunes Store on a computer, it downloads the album's songs plus the iTunes LP to the Music folder within your iTunes library. Mouseover the cover art and click the icon on the album to open the main menu and allow you to begin the iTunes LP experience.
- When you purchase a movie with iTunes Extras, the primary movie along with the iTunes Extras will download to your iTunes Movie folder. Mouseover the cover art and click the icon on the album to open the main menu to play the movie or view other features.
- Titles with iTunes LP and iTunes Extras may be purchased from the iTunes Store with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The primary content for an album or movie will download directly to the device; the iTunes LP or iTunes Extras will download to iTunes on your computer when you choose Store > Check for Available Downloads. This requires iTunes 9.0 or later.
- The songs or featured movies can be viewed directly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but iTunes LP or iTunes Extras can only be viewed from within iTunes on an authorized computer. In order to view the complete iTunes LP or iTunes Extras, transfer the song or movie from your device to your iTunes library on the computer that contains the downloaded iTunes LP or iTunes Extras.
- iTunes LP and iTunes Extras can also be purchased and played on Apple TV (1st generation) with Apple TV Software Update 3.0 or later. View this article for more information about iTunes LP and iTunes Extras on Apple TV (1st generation).
- iTunes 9.0 or later
- For Mac:
- For PC:
- For Apple TV (1st generation):
Apple TV Software Update 3.0 or later
Note: Some content types are not available in some iTunes Store countries. Also, iTunes Extras is not available with movie rentals.