Numbers '09: The Fonts window
Use the Fonts window to select fonts, font sizes, and other font formatting features, including text shadows and strikethrough. You can also use the Fonts window to organize your favorite and commonly used fonts so that they are easy to find when you need them.
To open the Fonts window, click Fonts in the toolbar.
Here are ways to change the font of selected text:
- In the Search field, type the name of the font you want to use, and then select its name in the Family list.
- Select a typeface (for example, Italic or Bold) from the Typeface list.
- In the Size column, type or select the font size you want.
Here are ways to use the controls at the top of the Fonts window:
- Rest your pointer over any control along the top of the window to view a help tag describing what each control does. If you don’t see the controls, choose Show Effects from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) in the lower-left corner of the window.
- To underline text, choose an underline style (such as single or double) from the Text Underline pop-up menu.
- To apply a strikethrough style (such as single or double), choose a style from the Text Strikethrough pop-up menu.
- To apply color to text, click the Text Color button to open the Colors window.
- To apply color behind a paragraph, click the Document Color button to open the Colors window.
- To apply a shadow, click the Text Shadow button. Use the Shadow Opacity, Shadow Blur, Shadow Offset, and Shadow Angle controls to format the shadow.
To organize fonts:
- Click the Add Collection (+) button to create and name a new collection.
- Select some text and format it with the font family, typeface, and size that you want.
- Drag the font name from the Family list to the collection where you want to file it.
To set up the Fonts window for frequent use:
Leave the Fonts window open as you work. Resize the window using the control in the bottom-right corner of the window so that only the font families and typefaces in your selected font collection are visible