Archived - Pages '09: Linking to a webpage
You can add a hyperlink to your document that will open a webpage in your default web browser.
To add a hyperlink that opens a webpage:
- Select the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink.
- If you use text that starts with “www” or “http,” the text automatically becomes a hyperlink. To turn off this feature, choose Pages > Preferences, click Auto-Correction, and deselect “Automatically detect email and web addresses.” This setting is computer specific, so if the document is opened on a computer with a different setting, that computer's setting is used instead.
- Click Inspector in the toolbar, click the Link button, click Hyperlink, and then select “Enable as a hyperlink.”
- Choose Webpage from the Link To pop-up menu.
- Type the webpage’s address in the URL field.
You can also quickly create a hyperlink using the Insert menu. Place the insertion point somewhere in your document, and choose Insert > Hyperlink > Webpage. A link is added to your document and the Link inspector opens. Type the webpage’s address in the URL field.