Keynote '09: Adjusting movie settings and playback
If you don’t want to use an entire audio file or movie in your slideshow but you want to limit the playback only to certain parts, you can set this up in the QuickTime inspector. You can also set the movie poster frame, which is the frame that displays until the movie starts playing, and other playback options.
The Play, Pause, Fast-Forward, and Rewind buttons available in the QuickTime inspector can be used to play and preview your movie as you set the playback preferences described here.
To set media playback preferences:
- Click Inspector in the toolbar, and then click the QuickTime inspector button.
- Click the movie or sound object to select it.
- If you want only part of the movie to play during your presentation, set the start and stop frames or times by dragging the Start and Stop sliders.
- To specify which still frame of the movie viewers will see until the movie starts playing, drag the Poster Frame slider until you see the image you want.
- To delay the start of the movie until the presenter clicks the mouse, select “Start movie on click.”
- Choose a repeat option from the Repeat pop-up menu: None: Play only once.
- To increase or decrease the playback volume, drag the Volume slider to the right or left.
Loop: Repeat continuously.
Loop Back and Forth: Play backward and forward continuously.
When your movie plays during your slideshow, playback controls appear when you move the pointer over the movie.