About iWork '09 Update 3
iWork Update 3 is recommended for iWork 9.0, 9.0.1, and 9.0.2 users and includes fixes that enhance the compatibility and reliability of Keynote, Pages, and Numbers.
Installing the update
To update to iWork 9.0.3, use Software Update or the standalone installer. You only need to use one of these methods to update your computer.
- Software Update
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu to automatically check for the latest Apple software including this update. (Software Update might have linked you to this article to learn more about the update.) If your computer is not up to date, other software updates available for your computer may appear. Note that an update's size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update more than once to make sure you have all available updates.
- Standalone installer
Download the update installer and run it manually. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. Standalone installers for iWork 9.0.3 are available on the Apple Support Downloads page.
All iWork 9.0.3 Applications
- Addresses general compatibility issues
- Updates the help
- Adds a link to online resources in the Help menu
- Improves image handling when reducing the file size of images with Instant Alpha applied
- Improves file size management when inserting some movies
- Improves the reliability of guides by changing the display frequency and relevance
- Resolves an issue with GarageBand exports
- Fixes an issue when working with Move actions in chart builds
- Addresses an issue with the preview of some charts in the Build inspector
- Resolves an issue when pasting a Numbers table that has cells with wrap turned on
- Resolves an issue where pasting multiple cells containing duration or date/time values into the Chart Data Editor would only paste zeros
- Fixes an issue with Sleep when the computer’s battery has completely discharged while playing a presentation
- Resolves an issue with updating thumbnail previews in Navigator view after sending a presentation via Mail as PDF or PowerPoint
- Improves reliability when dragging and dropping text in Outline view
- Adds a presentation preference for showing the slide switcher when scrolling
- Resolves an issue where copying and pasting multiple cells containing duration or date/time values in the Chart Data Editor would only paste zeros
- Improves reliability when working with objects in Full-Screen mode
- Fixes an issue with saving documents with EndNote citations containing multi-byte characters when using Mac OS X 10.6
- Resolves an issue with EndNote citations when using Mail Merge
- Fixes an issue with columns and categorized checkboxes
- Addresses an issue with categories and CSV export
- Improves reliability of import and export of some Microsoft Excel files
- Addresses an issue that could cause formulas to stop working after formatting a cell
- Fixes an issue with hiding or deleting rows in categorized tables
- Improves reliability when reverting a document to the saved version
- Addresses an issue caused by quitting without saving after editing some templates
- Fixes an issue with deleting table columns containing chart data
- Resolves an issue that prevented dropping an audio file into a media placeholder
- Enhances security with 128-bit SSL encryption and document password protection
- Improves document reviewing capabilities with Comment notification features
- E-mail invitations are now sent via iWork.com instead of using Mac OS X Mail
* iWork.com public beta is a pre-release version of the iWork.com service. iWork.com is not included with the purchase of iWork; separate account setup and activation are required. Fees may apply to future versions of the service. Internet access and Pages '09, Numbers '09, and Keynote '09 or later are required. Terms of service apply.