Xsan: Some features are not supported with StorNext volumes
Some Xsan features are not supported when accessing a SAN volume running on Quantum StorNext metadata controllers.
The following features are not supported on Xsan clients of Quantum StorNext metadata controllers:
- Xsan Admin setup, configuration, and monitoring
- File system quotas when the StorNext MDC is Microsoft Windows-based
- Spotlight indexing and searching
- Case insensitive volumes
The following features are supported only with StorNext 4.3 and newer metadata controllers:
- Native extended attributes
- Project-oriented directory quotas—requires clients running Xsan 3.0 (OS X Mountain Lion) or later
File system access control lists (ACLs) are supported only in the following configurations:
- StorNext metadata controller running on Linux, with only Xsan clients
- StorNext metadata controller running on Linux, with StorNext Windows and Xsan clients
- StorNext metadata controller running on Windows, with StorNext Windows and Xsan clients
StorNext clients running Linux do not support ACLs. File operations are not supported on StorNext metadata controllers running on Linux, including certain Storage Manager operations. For further details, see the Quantum StorNext Product Bulletin #71 at this website.
Detailed information about interoperable versions of Xsan and StorNext software is available in this article.