iPhone and iPod touch: How to download iTunes U content
iTunes U is a part of the iTunes Store that features free lectures, language lessons, audiobooks, and other media that you can download. You can browse courses by What's Hot, Top Ten, Category, or by specific education providers.
iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch, iPod touch (2nd generation), iTunes Store
To browse iTunes U you'll need to have an active Internet connection.
Note: If you own an iPhone, you can access the iTunes Store over the cellular data network1 as well as a Wi-Fi network for purchasing and downloading content or for streaming and downloading podcasts. Access to the iTunes Store on iPod touch requires access to a Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to the iTunes Store by tapping the iTunes app.
- Tap More located in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap iTunes U.
- Once you've found the course you're looking for, tap the course to view the tracks available for download.
- To download a track, Tap Free > Download.
- Once the download begins, you'll see a blinking notification in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- To view your download queue, tap the notification in the bottom right corner and then tap Downloads.
To browse courses by What's Hot, Top Tens, or Categories simply tap the corresponding quick links at the top of the screen. You may also browse by specific education providers by scrolling to the bottom of the home page and tapping Find Education Providers.
- 1. 3G recommended for cellular downloads
See "Troubleshooting the iTunes Store for iPhone and iPod touch" for troubleshooting information.