Managed Client: How to manage Control Features in iTunes 8.1 or later
Learn how to manage Control Features in iTunes 8.1 or later.
This document applies to iTunes 8.1 or later and Macintosh computers managed by Mac OS X Server v10.5 via Workgroup Manager only. Workgroup Manager is an administrative tool included with Mac OS X Server.
- For information about administrative management of iTunes Control Features in Mac OS Server v10.4 or earlier, refer to Managed Client: How to manage iTunes Control Features for iTunes 7.1 or later.
- For information about administrative management of iTunes Control Features for Windows, refer to Windows OS Managed Client: How to manage iTunes control features .
- For information about the use of the iTunes Parental controls via iTunes preferences, refer to iTunes: Using Parental Controls.
iTunes offers parental, enterprise, and education controls which give system administrators the ability to set content restrictions. The following information is for customers who want to pre-configure parental and/or other controls in iTunes for Mac OS X.
The various feature controls in iTunes for Mac OS X can be managed with Workgroup Manager by following these steps:
- In Workgroup Manager, select a user, group, or computer list.
- Select Preferences, then the Details tab.
- Click the Plus ( ) button, and then Select the following preference file:
- In the same window, select the "Always" option from the "Manage imported preferences" pop-up menu.
- Click the "Add" button to create the new preference item.
- Add any of the following keys as shown below, depending on the settings you wish to manage:
- Click "Apply Now" to save the changes.
- Click Done in the lower-left corner to close the Preference Editor sheet.
|disableCheckForApplicationUpdates||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disableCheckForDeviceUpdates||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disableHomeSharing||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disablePing||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10.1|
|disableFirstRunWelcomeWindow||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10.2|