iPod shuffle (3rd generation): Enabling and updating VoiceOver
Enabling VoiceOver in iTunes for iPod shuffle (3rd generation) allows you to hear the names of songs, artists, and playlists spoken when listening to content on iPod shuffle.
iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
You can enable VoiceOver when you first set up your iPod with iTunes, or you can set it up later in the Summary tab, in iPod settings, in iTunes.
|iPod Setup Assistant|
|Summary Tab in iTunes|
When you select the option to enable VoiceOver in the iPod Setup Assistant or in the Summary tab, you will be guided through the process of installing the VoiceOver Kit. Review the steps below to learn more about this process.
If VoiceOver is already enabled, use Apple Software Update to check for and install updates. Windows users: find information on Apple Software Update.
- Select the VoiceOver option, then click Done in the iPod Setup Assistant, or Apply in the Summary tab.
- You will be prompted to review information about VoiceOver. Click Next.
- You will then see the Software License Agreement. Click Agree.
- You will be prompted to authorize the installation of the VoiceOver Kit:
- In Mac OS X, you will be prompted for an administrator user name and password (or just a password if you are already logged in as an administrator).
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, you will be prompted to authorize the installation of "iPod Speech Support", with a prompt to Cancel or Allow (if you are using an account with administrative privileges), or to enter the password for a selected administrative account (if you are using a Limited user account).
- In Windows XP, you will be prompted to enter the username and password for an account with administrative privileges if you are using a Limited user account. If you are already logged in with an administrator account, then there is no additional prompt).
- After the VoiceOver Kit is installed, iTunes will generate VoiceOver messages that will be synced to iPod shuffle.
VoiceOver is available in the following languages:
Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
To select a default language for VoiceOver content
- Open iTunes and connect iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
- Select iPod shuffle in the devices section and then select the Summary tab.
- Under Voice Feedback, choose the language you want from the Language pop-up menu.