iWeb: Managing color profiles for published pages
iWeb can manage the color profile of a published page by assigning sRGB colors for CSS color values. iWeb publishes both CSS colors and images in the sRGB color space. The result is a more consistent color when you view your published iWeb pages on a Mac or Windows-based computer.
To match colors between your iWeb canvas and your published page:
- From the Apple () menu choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Displays.
- In Displays preferences, click the Color pane.
- In the Display Calibrator Assistant window click Continue and then select "2.2 Television Gamma." Click Continue.
- Select the D65 option and then click Continue.
- Name your new color profile something you can easily identify, such as "Gamma 2.2." Click Continue to use your new profile.
This color profile should give you a close match in colors between your iWeb canvas and your published page in a web browser.
Note: Every web browser handles color differently and the color profile you set for your display may not provide an identical match.
On your Mac, you can test how the color of your web page may display on a Windows-based computer. Take a screen shot of your web page (Shift-Command-4). Open your screen shot in Preview and from the Tools menu choose "Assign Profiles..." and then select the sRGB color profile.