Archived - Safari 4: Top Sites, Cover Flow features require compatible graphics card
If Top Sites and Cover Flow do not work in Safari 4, make sure your graphics card supports Quartz Extreme (for Mac OS X) or DirectX 9 (for Microsoft Windows).
Mac OS X and Safari 4
You can use System Profiler to see if your Mac supports Quartz Extreme:
- Open System Profiler (in /Applications/Utilities)
- Click "Graphics/Displays" in the left pane
- In the right pane, look for "Quartz Extreme: Supported" (or "Not Supported")
If you have more than one display, each may have a different value for “Quartz Extreme".
Note: To take advantage of Quartz Extreme on your Mac, you need one of the following graphics cards:
- ATI: Any AGP-based ATI RADEON GPU, with 16 MB VRAM or better
- NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX or later, with 16 MB VRAM or better
Microsoft Windows and Safari 4
To use these features with Safari 4 in Microsoft Windows you need:
- DirectX 9.0 or later
- A DirectX 9.0-compatible video card with 32MB of video RAM (64MB or more recommended)
Tip: If your card should be compatible but these features do not work in Safari 4, try updating the graphics card's drivers.
Contact the manufacturer of the card for further compatibility information: