Pages '09: The Toolbar
The Pages toolbar gives you one-click access to many of the actions you'll use when working with documents. As you work in Pages and get to know which actions you perform most often, you can add, remove, and rearrange toolbar buttons to suit your working style.
To see a description of what a button does, hold the pointer over the button.
To customize the toolbar:
- Choose View > Customize Toolbar or Control-click in the toolbar, and then choose Customize Toolbar. The Customize Toolbar sheet appears.
- Make changes to the toolbar as desired.
- To add an item to the toolbar, drag its icon to the toolbar.
- To remove an item from the toolbar, drag it out of the toolbar.
- To restore the default set of toolbar buttons, drag the default set to the toolbar.
- To make the toolbar icons smaller, select Use Small Size.
- To display only icons or only text, choose an item from the Show pop-up menu.
- To rearrange items in the toolbar, drag them.
- Click Done.
You can perform several toolbar customization activities without using the Customize Toolbar sheet:
- To remove an item from the toolbar, press the Command key while dragging the item out of the toolbar.
- You can also Control click the item, and then choose Remove Item from the shortcut menu.
- To move an item, press the Command key while dragging the item around in the toolbar.