Archived - Mac OS X Server v10.5.6 or later: MySQL libraries available for download
If you are developing a MySQL client application for Mac OS X v10.5.6 or later you'll need to download the MySQL client libraries and headers. MySQL client libraries and headers are not included with Mac OS X Server version 10.5.
The MySQL client libraries and headers are available for download and installation from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5.6/).
- The MySQL sources are available from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5.6/MySQL-45/), and also include instructions on using the supplied Makefile.
- A binary download that can be installed on Mac OS X Server 10.5 is available from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/other/MySQL-45.binaries.tar.gz).
- Download the file.
- If the download doesn't automatically produce a folder on your desktop, double-click it to decompress a folder named "MySQL-45.binaries" which has a file named "MySQL-45.root.tar.gz" in it (as well as the read me file). Note: Do not double-click/unzip the "MySQL-45.root.tar.gz" file that is within the folder.
- Open Terminal.
- Type cd followed by a space (but do not press Return).
- Drag the "MySQL-45.binaries" folder from your desktop to the Terminal window to populate the cd command's path, then press Return.
- Execute the following command:
sudo tar -xzvf MySQL-45.root.tar.gz -C /