Numbers '09: Adding a table
While most templates contain one or more predefined tables, you can add tables to your Numbers spreadsheet.
Numbers '09, iWork '09
Here are ways to add a table:
- Click Tables in the toolbar and choose a predefined table from the pop-up menu.
- You can add your own predefined tables to the pop-up menu.
- Choose Insert > Table and select the type of table.
- To create a new table based on one cell or several adjacent cells in an existing table, select the cell or cells and then drag the selection to an empty location on the sheet. To retain values in the selected cells in the original table, hold down the Option key while dragging.
- To create a new table based on an entire row or column in an existing table, click the reference tab associated with the row or column, press the reference tab, drag the row or column to an empty location on the sheet, and then release the tab. To retain values in the column or row in the original table, hold down the Option key while dragging.