Archived - About the Multi-Touch Trackpad Update for Windows XP and Vista 1.0
This update improves Multi-Touch trackpad responsiveness and performance when running Windows XP and Vista using Boot Camp on MacBook Air (Late 2008), MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), and MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008) computers.
- Using Windows XP or Vista, download the update from the Apple web site.
- When the download is complete, AppleMTTUpdate.exe appears on the desktop.
- Double-click on AppleMTTUpdate.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install the update.
- If your computer is not eligible for this update, you'll receive a "This update is not intended for this computer and will not be installed" message when you start the update.
- Follow the instructions in the Device Driver Installation Wizard. When the update has finished installing and you see an installation wizard screen with the message "The drivers were successfully installed on this computer."
For more specific information on the improvements offered by this update, see Boot Camp: Difficulty using right click with Multi-Touch trackpad in Windows or Boot Camp: Difficulty using Multi-Touch trackpad in Windows.
This update is not automatically offered to computers that are running 64-bit editions of Microsoft Vista. Those users need to download and apply this update from this site.
Follow these steps to determine if this update has been already applied.
- From the Windows start menu, click All Programs, then click Accessories.
- Select System Tools.
- Select System Information
- Open Software Environment by clicking the plus sign next to it.
- Click "Signed Drivers". Apple Multi-Touch and Apple Multi-Touch Mouse should be a version 188.8.131.52 if this update has been successfully applied.
Note: By default, .exe and other file extensions are hidden. Follow these steps to show file extensions:
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options.
- In the Folder Options control panel, click the View tab.
- Disable "Hide extensions for known file types"
- Click OK.