iTunes Store: Downloading podcasts using an iOS device
You can download podcasts from the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and you can listen to audio podcasts or watch video podcasts streamed over Wi-Fi or a cellular network1 on your iOS device. If you subscribe to podcasts using your iOS device, those podcasts will sync to your iTunes library when you sync your device with iTunes.
If you have any issues, see these steps:
- If you're using iOS 6 or later, you must download the Podcasts app from the App Store to browse and download podcasts. Learn about the Podcasts app.
- If a video podcast is a format that you can't play, you may see a "Format is not supported" message.
- If an audio or video podcast is missing or there is an issue with the server that hosts the podcast, you may see a "This movie could not be played" message. You can contact the podcast author by finding the podcast in iTunes on your computer and clicking Report A Concern.
- If you can't download a podcast, it may be due to an issue with the server that hosts the podcast or your Internet connection. If you delete the podcast from Downloads, you may fix the issue:
- Tap Downloads.
- Swipe left or right over the podcast.
- Tap Delete.
- Depending on your device, you can stream and download podcasts over Wi-Fi or cellular data1 connections. When you use a cellular data connection, there may be a limit on the maximum podcast download size. See the frequently asked questions about iTunes Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
1 Fees may be associated with downloading or streaming over cellular networks; contact your wireless carrier for details.