Archived - Mac OS X v10.5: Setting up Mail, troubleshooting Mail issues
Mac OS X 10.5, Mail
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- Issue: You need assistance with setting up and using email in Mail.
Solution: See Setting up and using email and Setting up Mail in Mac OS X.
- Issue: You are not able to send messages (emails) in Mail.
Solution: See Mac OS X 10.5: Can receive email, but not send email.
- Issue: You are not able to receive messages (emails) in Mail.
Solution: See Mail 3.0 Help: If you can’t receive messages.
- Issue: Mail shows no viewer window, and it can't be quit.
Solution: See Mac OS X 10.5: Mail shows no viewer window, can't be quit.
- Issue: You may be unable to delete America Online account (AOL)-based messages in Mail.
Solution: Use Software Update to update to the latest version of Mac OS X 10.5.
- Issue: You are unable to set up a Yahoo email account in Mail.
Solution: See Unable to set up Yahoo email account in Mail.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.