Archived - Linking your Nike + iPod Sensor to your iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3GS
Your iPod touch (2nd generation) and iPhone 3GS come with an internal Nike + iPod Receiver, so you do not need to attach an external receiver, but you do need the Nike + iPod Sensor. The following article explains how to link your Nike + iPod Sensor to your iPod touch (2nd generation) and iPhone 3GS.
To use the Nike + iPod features on your iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3GS, you will first need to enable the Nike + iPod feature. To do so:
- Make sure you have the latest version of your iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3GS and iTunes installed.
- On your Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Nike+iPod.
- Make sure the Nike + iPod option is enabled by sliding the setting to ON.
Once enabled, you can link or calibrate your sensor from the same page.
To link the sensor:
- Make sure the sensor is not in sleep mode. You can do so by using a pen or stylus to press the Sleep/Wake button on your sensor once to wake it up.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Sensor.
Place the sensor in your shoe and walk around to activate the sensor and link it to your device.