Pages: How to add line numbers to documents
With Pages, you can add line numbers to your text by following these steps:
- Click outside the main body of your document so that the insertion point is not visible.
- Create a new floating text object.
- Click outside the main body of your document again so that the insertion point is not visible.
- Drag the text box to the side of the main body.
- Reshape the text box to make it tall and thin.
- Type the numbers you want to use in the text box.
- Select the text box.
- From the Format menu, choose Advanced, then Move Object to Section Master.
The line numbers you created will now appear on every page (but they won't cross sections).
Tip: If you plan to reuse this format, save your document as a template.
Last Modified: Sep 22, 2008