Apple TV: Switching between wired and wireless networks
Follow these steps to switch your Apple TV from Ethernet to a wireless network.
Apple TV (1st generation), Apple TV (2nd generation)
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Apple TV.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Network.
- Click Configure Wireless.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear. Using the Menu up/scroll (+) and Menu down/scroll (-) buttons on your remote, navigate to the network you wish to join and select it. If the network you wish to join is hidden, click Other and enter the network name using the on screen keyboard and the remote.
- When finished, click Done.
- If your wireless network requires a password, a keyboard will appear allowing you to enter the password using your remote. When this is completed, click Done. A "Connecting to wireless network" screen appears.
- When the operation is completed, a "Connection Succeeded" screen appears. Click Done. The screen should display the wireless network information, including network name, IP address, Wi-Fi Address, and signal strength.
To switch back to a wired connection, simply plug in the Ethernet cable. Apple TV will switch to it automatically. Apple TV prioritizes a wired Ethernet connection.