iTunes Store & Mac App Store: Seeing your purchase history and order numbers
Learn about seeing your purchase history and order numbers in the iTunes Store and Mac App Store.
Mac App Store, iTunes Store
You can view a list of your purchased apps from the Mac App Store by clicking the Purchases tab located at the top of the Mac App Store. You can also view your purchase history and Web Order number details for purchases you've made on the iTunes Store and Mac App Store in iTunes.
Note: Mac App Store web order details can be seen in the iTunes purchase history. They are not visible within the Mac App Store application.
On a computer with iTunes installed, click purchase history to have iTunes open and display your purchase history. You will be prompted for your Apple ID and password.
You can also see a list of content you've purchased from the iTunes Store and Mac App Store by following these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Click iTunes Store on the left side of the iTunes window.
- If you're not signed in to the store, click Sign In and enter your Apple ID and password.
- When the iTunes Store opens, click the button with your account name on it, enter your password, and then click View Account.
- In the Account Information window, under Purchase History, click See All.
Tip: The purchase history shows purchases made using this Apple ID. Your most recent purchases are listed first. To view details of previous purchases, click the arrow to the left of the order date. The Web Order Number appears in the purchase history under the date of each transaction, as shown here.
The time above the order number is represented as a 12-hour clock and should have an AM or PM indicator. The indicator may not appear in the email invoice.
You receive an invoice by email each time your credit card is charged. An invoice is sent approximately every $20 or 12 hours, whichever occurs first. The Web Order Number also appears in the email invoice, as shown above.
For additional assistance contact iTunes Store Support.
Learn more about viewing and managing your Mac App Store purchases.
See these documents for information on backing up and moving your purchases.
- iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive
- Copying purchases between authorized computers with iTunes for Windows
- iTunes for Mac: How to copy purchases between authorized computers
- How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads
- Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store