Bonjour for Windows: How to tell if it successfully installed
After you install Bonjour for Windows, here are a couple ways to determine if it's up and running correctly.
Check the Internet Explorer toolbar
- Start Internet Explorer.
- In the browser's toolbar, you should see the Bonjour icon (a swirling icon). If no Bonjour icon is present, the software is not installed on your computer (see "Uninstall and reinstall," below).
- If the icon is present, click it to display a window that lists Bonjour services available on the network. If you see this window, the software is functioning normally.
If Bonjour stops working as expected, the easiest way to get it functioning again is to uninstall and reinstall the software (see below).
Grab a menu from the Explorer Bar
If your Internet Explorer browser window doesn't display a toolbar to check for the Bonjour icon (the toolbar may be disabled on some computers), scope out the Explorer Bar submenu instead. You can use the Bonjour menu item to duplicate the function of its toolbar icon. To find it:
- Click the View menu and point to Explorer Bar.
- A submenu should appear with Bonjour listed as a menu item if the software is installed.
- Click Bonjour to display a browser panel on the left that lists Bonjour services available on the network.
Uninstall and reinstall
If none of the items described above are present after you've installed Bonjour, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Bonjour from the list.
- Click Change/Remove.
- Choose Remove, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Reinstall Bonjour for Windows from the Apple website, or the media on which it was supplied to you.