Archived - About the WebObjects 5.4.3 Update
This article contains an overview and download information for the WebObjects 5.4.3 Update. WebObjects 5.4.3 is primarily for developers who want to develop WebObjects applications with Mac OS X 10.5. WebObjects 5.4.3 is formally qualified and supported on the Mac OS X Leopard-Java 5 platform.
Note: WebObjects 5.4.3 is tested to work with the default Xcode installation location and is not guaranteed to work with other installation locations. The upgrade installer always updates the default location for WebObjects frameworks.
This update addresses the following issues:
- EOF Database snapshot not updating
- Webassistant not available for D2W apps
- Exceptions when using WOTextField with formatters
- Duplicate primary keys generated by FrontBase JDBC Adaptor under load
- Additional issue fixes
Installing the WebObjects 5.4.3 Developer software
The WebObjects 5.4.3 Developer update is available as a standalone installation image from the ADC site at https://connect.apple.com/. It requires that Xcode 3.1 or later be installed.
- Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later
- Java 5
- Xcode 3.1
Install the software in the following order:
- Use Software Update and upgrade to 10.5.3 or later and the latest Java 5.
- If not already installed, run the installer for Xcode 3.1 or later.
- Select the WebObjects install packages.
- Following installation of Xcode, download and install the WebObjects 5.4.3 update.
Installing the WebObjects 5.4.3 update for Mac OS X 10.5 Server
This update is available through the Software Update feature of Mac OS X Server. It is part of the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update and cannot be obtained as a separate download.
- Mac OS X Server 10.5 or later
- Java 5
If you are updating a WebObjects 5.4 system or performing a new installation of Mac OS X 10.5 Server:
- Install Mac OS X Server version 10.5
- Run Software update to update to Mac OS X Server version 10.5.5 or later
3546373 WOWebServiceClient class initialization exception use bad and confusing message (to be WebService)
5696685 There is no webassistant any more for D2W apps
5826937 Equals vs == issue in EODatabaseChannel
5995829 Incorrect string/object comparisons
6034841 Upgrade timezone info to 2008b
6078428 WOTextField Formatting / Validation Totally Broken
6081320 _NSUtilities.UTF8StringEncoding Incorrect
6081327 WORequest.setDefaultFormValueEncoding loses form values
6116393 Race Condition with Primary Key Generationin FrontBase JDBC Plugin