Archived - About Server Admin Tools 10.5.5
Server Admin Tools 10.5.5 contain remote administration tools, documentation, and utilities that you can install on a computer other than your server. The Server Admin Tools 10.5.5 are available as a manual download from Apple Support Downloads. This version of the Admin Tools is recommended for administering Mac OS X Server 10.5.5, and requires Mac OS X 10.5.4 or 10.5.5 (recommended).
Mac OS X Server 10.5, Server Admin
Server Admin Tools 10.5.5 include all the improvements in Server Admin Tools 10.5.3 as well as the following:
- Server Admin can now correctly enable and show the status of RADIUS or Kerberos authentication for the PPTP VPN service. Note: For more information about enabling Kerberos authentication for PPTP, see this article.
- RADIUS service now reliably displays the primary IP address for 802.11n-enabled AirPort Base Stations.
- Server Admin can now sort by Value in the Zones tab of the DNS service.
System Image Utility
- Fixes issues with certain options in the Apply System Configuration Settings action, including "Change ByHost settings", "Apply Computer Name and Local Hostname", and "Map clients to other directory servers".
- The Add Packages and Post-Install Scripts action now works correctly when creating a NetInstall image from a volume.
- Improves browsing, adding, and removing computers to or from a computer group.