Archived - Keynote: Exporting a presentation from Keynote to iMovie
Learn how to export a presentation from Keynote to use in iMovie.
With Keynote you can export your presentation to a number of file formats. Follow these steps to create a file that you can use in iMovie:
- Open your presentation in Keynote
- Choose File > Export.
- Select QuickTime as the file format.
- Select "Fixed Timing" for playback. Do not select the manual advance option; the resulting file may not import into iMovie.
- Select "Full Quality Large" for the format setting.
- Click Next.
- Name and save your movie.
Follow these steps to import this file into iMovie:
- Open iMovie
- Choose File > Import Movies.
- Locate your movie, saved in step 7 above.
- Click Import.
Tip: You can also export your presentation from Keynote to other iLife applications by selecting File > Send To... in Keynote.