Using an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store and Mac App Store
Learn how to use an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store and Mac App Store.
Mac App Store, iTunes Store
If you already have an Apple ID, you can easily use it at the iTunes Store or Mac App Store. You already have an Apple ID if you bought something at the Apple Store, registered your product online, or used the My Apple ID page.
To use your Apple ID at the iTunes Store
- Open the latest version of iTunes.
- Choose Store > Sign In from the Store menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In.
- Click Review when asked to review your information.
- Enter your billing information, a credit card will be required.
- Click Continue when you're done entering your credit card and billing information.
Note: You can remove or edit your credit card information at any time. Learn more about updating your iTunes Store account information.
To use your Apple ID at the Mac App Store
- Choose Store > Sign In from the App Store menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, and then click Sign In.
Tip: If you already have an Apple ID and use the same email address to create a new one at the iTunes Store, you'll see a message that says, "The email address you entered is already being used for an Apple Account. If it is yours, you can cancel and Sign In using that Apple Account." If this happens, just click Cancel and sign in using your Apple ID.
If you've forgotten your Apple ID password, go to the the Apple ID page for more help.
For more information about Apple ID, see: