Archived - About the Mac OS X 10.3.9 Update (Combo)
This software updates Mac OS X 10.3, 10.3.1, 10.3.2, 10.3.3, 10.3.4, 10.3.5, 10.3.6, 10.3.7, or 10.3.8 to version 10.3.9. If you have version 10.3.8, you can update your software with the smaller delta update instead.
Important: Please read before installing
- To avoid a potential issue that may cause Java applications and Safari to unexpectedly quit, please review this article.
- If you have a third-party FireWire hard drive connected, disconnect it before installing this update. Reconnect it and turn it back on after installation is complete and you've restarted.
- You may experience unexpected results if you have installed third-party system software modifications, or if you have modified the operating system through other means. (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)
- The installation process should not be interrupted. If a power outage or other interruption occurs during installation, use the standalone installer (see below) from Apple Downloads to update.
You have two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.3.9: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. Use just one of these methods to update your computer.
Automatic Software Update
Software Update, located in System Preferences, can automatically download and install the latest Apple software. Software Update may have linked you to this document for additional information about the update.
This update's size may vary from computer to computer when installed via Software Update.
Because some updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to run Software Update more than once to get all available updates.
Two versions (combo and delta, described below) of the installer are available from Apple Downloads as standalone updates. After you download an update, you can use it without being connected to the Internet.
- The "combo" installer (described in this document) can update 10.3, 10.3.1, 10.3.2, 10.3.3, 10.3.4, 10.3.5, 10.3.6, 10.3.7, or 10.3.8 to 10.3.9.
- The "delta" installer will update Mac OS X 10.3.8 to 10.3.9 (described in a different document).
The standalone installer, particularly the combo, is useful if you have multiple computers to update and only want to download the update once.
What does this update include?
Check out the Enhancements section of this document for details.
This update also includes enhancements delivered with:
Mac OS X 10.3.8 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.7 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.3 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.2 Update
Mac OS X 10.3.1 Update