iOS: How to change the language when it's set to one you don't understand
This article explains how to change the language setting on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it is incorrect, or if you have accidentally changed the language to one you don't understand.
iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- On the Home screen, locate and tap the icon that features the image of a gear:
- When the following screen appears, locate and tap the section that displays the same gear icon:
- On the next screen, scroll down and locate the group of settings that offers four options. Tap the third option in this group:
- On the next screen, tap the first option:
- Pick your language from the list, and then tap the bright blue icon in the upper right:
- After a few seconds, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch should return to the Home screen and display the language you selected.