iOS: How to change the language when it's set to one you don't understand
Learn how to change the language setting on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's incorrect or if you've accidentally changed the language to one you don't understand.
- On the Home screen, locate and tap the icon that shows the image of a gear.
- When the following screen appears, tap the section that shows a similar gear icon.
- iOS 7: Locate the fifth group of settings, which contains three options. Tap the last option.
- On the next screen, tap the first option.
- Pick your language from the list and tap the bright blue icon in the upper right.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch should return to the Home screen and display the language you selected.
iOS 6 and earlier: Locate the sixth group of settings, which contains four options. Tap the third option.