iPhone, iPad, iPod: How to find the software version
Learn how to find out which version of software is installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod touch
You can determine which version of software is installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod by navigating to the About screen:
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- From the the Home Screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- The software version of your device will be listed on this screen.
iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod mini
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until you see the Main menu.
- Scroll to and then select Settings.
- Scroll to and then select About.
- The software version of your device will be listed on this screen. On iPod nano (3rd or 4th generation) and iPod classic, press the Center button twice on the About screen to see the software version.
See the steps in the Additional Information section, below.
You can use iTunes to determine the software version of your device by following these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
- Launch iTunes, connect your device, and wait until it appears under Devices on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select the device under Devices.
- View the software version in the Summary tab or Settings tab, depending on the device: