iPhone, iPad, iPod: How to find the software version
Learn how to find out which software version is installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod by navigating to the About screen.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- From the the Home Screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- The software version of your device should appear on this screen.
iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod mini
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until the Main menu appears.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select About.
- The software version of your device should appear on this screen. On iPod nano (3rd or 4th generation) and iPod classic, press the Center button twice on the About screen to see the software version.
See the steps in the Additional Information section.
You can use iTunes to determine the software version of your device by following these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
- Launch iTunes, connect your device, and wait until it appears in the upper right of the iTunes window.
- Select the device.
- View the software version in the Summary tab or Settings tab, depending on the device: