OS X Server (Mavericks): Software Update Server may not provide OS X Mavericks software updates after upgrade
After upgrading a Software Update Server from OS X Server (Mountain Lion) to OS X Server (Mavericks), it might not be possible to serve software updates for OS X Mavericks clients.
Update to OS X Server (Mavericks) v3.0.2 or later.
If you upgraded from OS X Server (Mountain Lion) and already opened OS X Server (Mavericks) v3.0 or 3.0.1:
- Open Server app.
- Stop the Software Update service.
- Quit Server app.
- Perform the following Terminal commands, which will move aside existing configuration files:
cd /Library/Server/Software\ Update/Config/
sudo mv swupd.conf swupd.conf.orig
sudo mv swupd.plist swupd.plist.orig
- Restart the server.
- Open Server app and select the Software Update service.
- Reconfigure the settings under the Settings and Updates tabs as desired.
- Start the Software Update service.