About Apple Configurator 1.4
Learn about Apple Configurator 1.4.
Apple Configurator 1.4 is a recommended update for all Apple Configurator users. This update is available from the Updates tab of the Mac App Store. It requires OS X Mountain Lion and iTunes 11.1 or later.
What's new in Configurator 1.4
- Support for new iOS 7 features and restrictions, including:
- Allow modifying account settings
- Allow AirDrop
- Allow connecting supervised devices to any Mac
- Configure Web Content Filter
- Configure AirPlay mirroring destinations and passwords
- Configure AirPrint printers
- Configure Managed Open In
- Allow Control Center or Notification Center on lock screen
- Configure Limit Ad Tracking setting
- Install fonts
- A new Setup tab in Prepare, which provides options such as:
- Enroll multiple unsupervised devices in MDM without tapping each device
- Complete setup assistant and enroll Apple TV in MDM without using the remote
- Improved UI for installing a single profile on unsupervised devices.
- Addresses an issue that could cause one redemption code to be lost when importing a Volume Purchase Plan spreadsheet.
- A new "Allow devices to connect to other Macs" option that allows supervised devices to sync photos and videos with other Macs.
To apply the "Allow devices to connect to other Macs" option to a previously-supervised device, you must unsupervise it and then supervise it again.