Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting
Is your Apple TV not working as you expected? There's usually a quick and simple solution.
Check the connections and inputs
- Make sure the cables between your Apple TV, AV receiver (if used), and TV are connected properly.
- Securely connect the power cords for your Apple TV, AV receiver (if used), and TV to a working power source.
- Turn on your TV and switch it to the correct input on your AV receiver or television.
- Restart your Apple TV, your television, and AV receiver.
If the issue persists, see the steps related to your issue below.
Resolve video, audio, or power issues
- Resolve video issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with Apple TV and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- Resolve audio issues.
- Resolve power issues.
Resolve network or streaming issues
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks and connections.
- Switch between wired and wireless networks.
- Learn how to resolve issues streaming content from third-party content providers. Learn more about third-party content providers.
If you're streaming content from a computer or iOS device using Airplay or Home Sharing, try these steps:
- Resolve issues with Airplay and Airplay Mirroring.
- Learn how to use Airplay Mirrorring.
- See how to set up Home Sharing.
- Troubleshoot Home Sharing issues.
Resolve issues with Apple Remote
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.