Xsan: Update to StorNext SNFS v4.2.1 controller to avoid data loss issue
Xsan clients (running OS X Lion or Lion Server v10.7.2 or earlier) that access filesystems hosted by controllers which use StorNext SNFS version 4.2.0 may experience data loss when renaming files on StorNext-hosted volumes.
- Update all StorNext FS controllers from version 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 or later.
- Perform an orderly restart of all StorNext filesystems:
- Unmount any StorNext volumes from all clients on the SAN.
- Stop the StorNext volumes.
- Start the StorNext volumes.
- Mount those volumes on Xsan client systems once again.
- Verify that the issue no longer occurs when renaming files.
A file may be unexpectedly deleted when renamed to a new name which differs only in the capitalization of the letters; for example, when changing "test" to "TEST".
This issue does not affect earlier Xsan client systems or SNFS software versions other than 4.2.0.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.