iTunes Store movie rental usage rights in Canada
Learn about the iTunes Store movie rental usage rights in Canada.
You can rent movies in SD or HD from iTunes and watch them with your Mac or Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, or a supported video-enabled iPod*, or on your TV using your Apple TV. You can also rent movies directly on your Apple TV.
* Supported video-enabled iPod models are:
iPod touch, iPod classic, and iPod nano (3rd generation) and later. See this document if you're unsure which iPod model you have.
The iTunes Store movie rental usage rules are as follows:
- HD movie rentals are compatible with iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), Apple TV, and your Mac or Windows computer.
- You have 30 days to watch the movie after the download completes. You can start watching the movie while it is still downloading.
- Once you've started to watch the movie, you have 48 hours to finish watching the movie (even if you start watching before the download is complete). You can watch the movie as many times as you want within this 48-hour period.
- The rented movie will expire when either the 30 day or 48-hour limit is reached. Once the rental expires, the movie is automatically deleted. You must re-rent and download the movie to view it after your rented movie has expired.
- You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only be played on one device at a time. If you rent the movie on your Apple TV, it is not transferable to any other device and you must watch it on your Apple TV.
- On your device, the time remaining for you to finish watching the movie appears near the movie title.
- You can only play your rented movies on the computer you rented it from and only if it is authorized to play your iTunes Store purchases and rentals.
Caution: If you move a movie rental to iPod or iPhone and then use iTunes to restore iPod or iPhone before you finish watching it, the movie rental will be deleted and will not be recoverable. This also applies to choosing Settings > Reset > Erase all content and settings on iPod touch and iPhone.