Archived - iTunes Store: Using the shopping cart
Learn about using the shopping cart in the iTunes Store.
Shopping Cart overview
With iTunes 8.2.1 or earlier, you can choose to have iTunes add the items you want to buy to a shopping cart instead of purchasing them in 1-click. The shopping cart adds an extra layer of protection against accidental purchases.
Note: With iTunes 9.0 or later, only 1-click purchasing is available. If you were using Shopping Cart in earlier versions of iTunes, the contents of your Shopping Cart can now be found in your Wish List.
To configure iTunes 8.2.1 or earlier to use the Shopping Cart for your iTunes Store purchases rather than 1-Click, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- If you're using a Mac, choose iTunes > Preferences. If you're using Windows, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click the green iTunes Store icon.
- Choose Buy using a Shopping Cart.
- Click OK.
Note: The shopping cart cannot be used for applications from the App Store.
To view the contents of your Shopping Cart in iTunes, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- In the pane on the left side of the iTunes window, click on the green iTunes Store icon.
- If multiple people use your computer, make sure you're signed in to the correct iTunes Store account.
- If the Shopping Cart icon is not visible under the iTunes Store icon, click the small gray triangle next to the iTunes Store icon to display it.
- Click the Shopping Cart icon to review the contents.
Purchasing your entire Shopping Cart
After you have added songs, albums, videos, or audiobooks to your Shopping Cart, you may purchase individual items or the entire contents of your Shopping Cart.
Before purchasing the entire contents of your shopping cart, review your selections and the total cost carefully. The total cost is displayed to the left of the Buy Now button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Shopping Cart window. When you're ready, click the Buy Now button.
Purchasing items one at a time from your Shopping Cart
You can also purchase items from the shopping cart one-at-a-time. To purchase an individual item, click the Buy button to the right of the item. To buy multiple items, click the Buy button to the right of each item.
Note: You can't purchase multiple items by holding down the Shift key.
To remove an item from your shopping cart click the X to the right of Buy Now. Or, select the item and press the Delete key.
When you buy items from your Shopping Cart, they are downloaded to your iTunes library and placed on your Purchased playlist.
Important: All sales are final. Once you click Buy, you cannot cancel your purchase. Your credit card is charged each time you click the Buy Now button.