Archived - Boot Camp 2.1: Troubleshooting installation issues
Learn what to do if the following messages appear while trying to install Boot Camp 2.1 in Microsoft Windows:
- "Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose Tools > Download Only and try installing manually" may appear during installation.
- "Failed to extract matching transform" messages may appear in the log when attempting to install.
Boot Camp, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- In Windows, start a command prompt (cmd.exe, sometimes referred to as a command shell). Use Administrative rights if running Windows Vista.
- Type one the following command lines in the command shell:
For Windows XP, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateXP.msp
For Windows Vista 32 bit, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateVista32.msp
For Windows Vista 64 bit, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateVista64.msp
- Click Next
- Accept the terms of the license agreement if you agree, then click Next
- Click Repair/Update
Your Boot Camp drivers will be updated to version 2.1. This may take several minutes.
- Click Finish to exit the installer and restart your computer.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.