Archived - Boot Camp 2.1: Troubleshooting installation issues
Learn what to do if the following messages appear while trying to install Boot Camp 2.1 in Microsoft Windows:
- "Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose Tools > Download Only and try installing manually" may appear during installation.
- "Failed to extract matching transform" messages may appear in the log when attempting to install.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- In Windows, start a command prompt (cmd.exe, sometimes referred to as a command shell). Use Administrative rights if running Windows Vista.
- Type one the following command lines in the command shell:
For Windows XP, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateXP.msp
For Windows Vista 32 bit, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateVista32.msp
For Windows Vista 64 bit, type: msiexec /update <path to the .msp file>\BCUpdateVista64.msp
- Click Next
- Accept the terms of the license agreement if you agree, then click Next
- Click Repair/Update
Your Boot Camp drivers will be updated to version 2.1. This may take several minutes.
- Click Finish to exit the installer and restart your computer.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Last Modified: Jun 12, 2012