iTunes Store: How to submit a podcast to the iTunes Store
If you can successfully subscribe to your feed using the Advanced menu in iTunes, you’re ready to submit your feed.
iTunes, iTunes Store
To submit your feed to the iTunes Store:
- Open the latest version of iTunes.
- Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- From the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, click Podcasts.
- From the Podcast Quick Links section on the right, click "Submit a Podcast."
- Follow the instructions on the Submit a Podcast page.
Note that you will need a valid iTunes account, and you will need to be logged into iTunes. If you are not logged in, iTunes will prompt you to enter your Apple ID and password before accepting your submission. Logging in increases the likelihood of valid contact information for each submission. You will not be charged for submitting a podcast.
If you have created an RSS feed with all of the recommended iTunes tags, you will see a summary page immediately after you submit your feed URL. If you have not included <language>, <itunes:category>, and <itunes:explicit> tags in your feed, you will see a second screen prompting you for this information. Note that you can change this information at a later date by including the tags in your feed. Your RSS feed is considered the current and authoritative source for information about your podcast.