Archived - Mac OS X 10.4: System requirements
Learn the Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger system requirements.
Mac OS X 10.4
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
To use Mac OS X v10.4, your Macintosh needs:
- A PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- Built-in FireWire
- At least 256 MB of RAM
- DVD drive (DVD-ROM), Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM) or SuperDrive (DVD-R) for installation
- At least 3 GB of free disk space; 4 GB if you install the XCode 2 Developer Tools
- Please be sure to read the "Before You Install" document included on the Mac OS X 10.4 installation disc for more important information.
- Mac OS X does not support processor upgrade cards. The amount of disk space required depends on your computer and how you choose to install Mac OS X.
- Not all PowerPC G3 processor-based Macs have built-in FireWire.