Archived - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for iPod Click Wheel Games
- Which games are available for iPod?
- Where can I find help on games?
- Can I use games in iTunes without an iPod?
- What are the requirements?
- How do I know what the game title is like before I buy it?
- Are games localized?
- Can you play music and games on the iPod simultaneously?
- Can I use video out to play games on my TV?
- Can I use the remote as a controller?
- What is file size of each game?
- How do I remove game titles from an iPod?
- I'm having trouble using games on my iPod. Where should I start?
- How can I contact a third-party about a game?
- Where are games stored in iTunes?
- Can I copy a Java application or other game to this folder to load it on iPod?
Which games are available for iPod?
Game titles are compatible with:
- iPod nano (3rd generation)
- iPod nano (4th generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod (5th generation)
Each game title includes built-in help. You can also view instructions in iTunes. To do this, click Applications (or Games if you are using iTunes 7.6.x or earlier) on the left side of the iTunes window and double-click on a game. If the Applications (or Games) playlist is not visible, you may need to turn on the preference to show this playlist in the General tab of iTunes Preferences.
No. iPod Click Wheel Games available on iTunes are designed specifically for the iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod classic, and iPod (5th generation). They cannot be played on your computer, nor are they compatible with other iPod models or iPhone.
iPod (5th generation):
- iTunes 7.1 or later
- 1.2 or later of iPod software installed
iPod nano (3rd generation) or iPod classic:
- iTunes 7.4 or later
iPod nano (4th generation):
- iTunes 8.0 or later
The Phase game requires iTunes 7.5 or later.
You can load games on up to five authorized computers.
There is a preview on the iTunes Store.
Yes. Game titles are localized in at least English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese. All games default to the language setting on your iPod (if the language is one of the aforementioned). To change the language of games, change the language on iPod.
No. All games are designed specifically to be controlled with the Click Wheel.
The size varies from game to game, ranging from about 10 MB to about 60 MB.
- Click the iPod under Devices on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Click the Games tab.
- Select Sync games.
- Click the Selected games button.
- Deselect all items.
- Choose File > Sync "iPod" to remove the games.
You can also restore your iPod, but restoring your iPod will also remove everything. Note: Built-in games won't appear in the Games tab and cannot be removed.
See this troubleshooting document.
For help on game-related issues or for more information about a third-party game, contact:
Namco Networks America Inc. at http://support.namcobandaigames.com/
PopCap Games at http://www.popcap.com/help.php
FreshGames at http://cubisgold2.support.freshgames.com/ipod/
EA Mobile Games at http://www.eamobile.com/iphone-games
Gameloft at http://www.gameloft.com
Aspyr at http://support.aspyr.com/
Sony BMG at http://www.musikagame.com
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. at http://www.harmonixmusic.com/
Hudson Software Company, Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sega at www.sega.com/support/
Disney Online Studios at http://disney.go.com/games/#/games/
Square Enix at http://www.square-enix.com/
D2C Games at http://www.d2cgames.com/
Sandlot Games at http://www.sandlotgames.com/
In the Games folder at the same location as the iTunes Library.
No, only games from the iTunes Store can be stored in this folder and synced to iPod.
Note: Some features or services are not available in some iTunes Store countries.