iTunes: How to add artwork to songs and videos in your library
Learn how to add artwork to content in your iTunes library.
- Open iTunes.
- Select the song or video you want to add artwork to in your library or playlist and choose File > Get Info.
- Click Artwork and then click Add. Navigate to the picture you want to add and click Open.
- To add additional pictures, repeat step 3. Tip: You can also paste graphic items into the Artwork pane from the Clipboard (Command-V in Mac OS X or Control-V in Windows).
To delete a picture, select the picture you want to delete in the Artwork pane and click Delete.
You can add any type of image file that can be opened by QuickTime, including: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PICT, or Photoshop.
To add the same picture to multiple songs:
- Select more than one song and then chose File > Get Info. Click Yes if you are asked about editing multiple items. Important: If any of your songs already have images, the existing images will be replaced. Get Info on a single song using the steps above if you want to add multiple images.
- Click the Info tab and make sure the checkbox next to the artwork box is selected.
- Drag the picture file you would like into the artwork box.
- Click OK.