How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on your computer
You can rent movies from iTunes and watch them with your Mac or Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, video-enabled iPod, or on your TV using your Apple TV.
You can rent movies from iTunes and watch them with your Mac or Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, video-enabled iPod1, or on your TV using your Apple TV.
1 Supported video-enabled iPod models are:
iPod touch, iPod touch (2nd generation),iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod nano (5th generation), iPod nano (4th generation), iPod nano (3rd generation), and iPod classic. See this document if you're unsure which iPod model you have.
Playing rented movies on Apple TV (1st generation) requires an update to Apple TV software. For latest information, please visit http://www.apple.com/appletv/.
To rent movies from the iTunes Store on your computer
- In iTunes on your computer, click iTunes Store.
- In the iTunes Store, find a movie you want to rent.
- Click Rent. Your rental should begin to download immediately.
Once the rental is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer or transfer the rental to a supported iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV (1st generation):
- Connect the device and select it in iTunes.
- Click the Movies button.
- Select the movie, and then click Move.
- After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower-right corner of iTunes.
You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.
- After you transfer a rental, it is removed from your iTunes library.
- You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only be played on one device at a time.
- Pairing needs to be configured to transfer a rental to Apple TV (1st generation).
For information about movie rental expiration and viewing limits and for more information about iTunes Store movie rentals, read the article iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ).
For information about renting movies on Apple TV view How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on Apple TV.